Just some sample fio benchmark job results graphs generated using
fio2gnuplot tool. I did some minor editing of the generated
gnuplot files to better match the autogenerated graphs to meet my needs.
To generate the graphs:
- I ran
fiousing my Sequential Read 1024K block size profile
/mnt/dasd3where a RAID 5 set of hard disk drives is mounted and then against
/mnt/dasd4/where RAID 0 solid state drive is mounted. This generated the necessary log files.
- Initially I ran
fio2gnuplot -b -gin the directory where the log files were to generate the bandwidth graphs, and
fio2gnuplot -i -gto generate the IOPS graphs. The output was okay, but I decided would look better to me with some tweaking of the output.
- I deleted the generated graph output files and then ran just
fio2gnuplot -ito generate the gnuplot command files needed to generate the graphs.
- I used a text editor to modify the gnuplot command files:
- I created multi-line titles, adding tested drive RAID type and blocksize.
- Moved legend to bottom right.
- Adjusted y-axis range to decrease amount of unbalanced whitespace above and blow the plots.
- Lastly I ran
gnuplotusing the edited command files to generate the graphs, samples of which can be found below.